Friday 9 March 2012

COOL ICE

Plans this weekend are to build our very own Ice-Hotel - with knobs on.
There's ice everywhere. Both fridges are rammed and there's some enormous blocks carved from a glacier outside the back door, gently drip dripping on to the camellia below.
Trouble is, I won't be able to summon the services of a regular old frost-bitten, fish-finger crumbed ice-cube from the back of the freezer ever again: not now I've been spoilt with exquisitely marbled, iridescent spheres of crystal-clear ice, the size of a tennis ball, or, when I'm in a more retro mood - roughly hewn chunks, more decorative than the most beautiful 70s Swedish glass candlestick.

On a different note: it's Mother's Day next weekend and I've been scouting round for a few essentials for my woefully ill-equipt kitchen. 
Boys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment