Tuesday 31 January 2012

Cake Diet

The Ritz, where I went for afternoon tea on Monday.
It seems that diets whereby you alternate a protein day with a carbohydrate day or a fruit-only day are currently all the rage. I've been looking at the Dukan diet which is based on these principles - as much low fat protein as you can eat but nothing else: keep it up for a few days and you can gorge yourself on as much salad as you like. As far as I can tell as long as you keep switching from one food group to another you should be fine. Simple! here we go then. Monday I ate only food from the cake group - sones with jam and clotted cream, a tiny lemon meringue pie, a slice of orange drizzle cake, raspberry torte, chocolate gateau, some caramel thing, a cream slice... it was all going so well until I blew it though with that glass of Champagne. Damn. 



No comments:

Post a Comment