Wednesday 19 October 2011

Debbie Bliss Knits at Lordship Park

Debbie Bliss Luxury Collection photographed at Lordship Park

Debbie Bliss and the gang are here today photographing some of Debbie's gorgeous new knitwear designs. I watch as Debbie starts to unpack; delightful babies booties peek out from tissue paper; sparkling shrugs and gossamer dresses emerge from bags and are hung on rails; intricate cable-knit jumpers are laid over the back of the chaise-longue; exquisite pieces of jewel-coloured swatches, still on the knitting needles are casually placed on the mantle-piece. Everything is so tactile and beautiful. Sigh... And the yarns! Squishy skeins of silk and candy-floss balls of angora as soft as marshmallows tumble from bags onto the table. 
I'm itching to knit something.... I'll start with... a scarf maybe. I'm not very good at knitting. When I was seven I knitted my dad a tie. It was bright orange (well it was the 60s), had quite a few dropped stitches and was very, very long. I made him wear it to the advertising agency where he worked. 

Here's Ed when he was younger - ahhh - modelling a cosy Debbie Bliss jumper (knitted by Debbie, not me, needless to say).





  

No comments:

Post a Comment